Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Smoggy-y

....in the words of one of my favorite entertainers, Pee-Wee Herman (By the way, you can catch all the crazy antics of PW on the Cartoon Channel's Adult Swim, nightly at 11pm....why 11pm during the Adult Swim timeslot?! Well, it's the right-wing conspiracy!) Okay, I'm back....I make the crazy drive from LA to Thousand Oaks and back everyday (well, almost everyday). When driving into LA, this is what I'm seeing now. And with no rain in sight, this is probably what I'll see for the next several weeks. It really makes you think about what is happening to our world. All of the recent media coverage on global warming....the effects of it on our polar regions, the heat wave that grips the US right now, as well as many other places in the world. We need to be aware. I carpool now with some co-workers that live in Hollywood....I telecommute once a week (although that's as much for my sanity, these days)....I use the Metro system to get me places where it goes (Hollywood, Downtown, Pasadena, Long Beach, even up to Woodland Hills).

Basically I'm having an Al Gore moment....and that picture reminds me almost everyday, what our kids and their kids will be facing.

Discuss.

No comments: