Saturday, March 01, 2008

I'm at the mall on a diet pill!

Probably my favorite band in the entire world is the B-52's. After 16 years since their last album, they are releasing "Funplex" on March 25. Needless to say, this fan is ecstatic about their new album. I also routinely keep up with their activities as I am one of their "friends" on MySpace. So, earlier this week I make my almost daily visit to my MySpace home page and low and behold there is a bulletin posting that the B's are looking for extras for their upcoming video shoot. WHAT!!?? What do I do....how do I get selected??!!

They provided an email address where I sent my contact info, gender and age, and a photo. It said in the posting that they would be letting people know by Wednesday evening if they'd been selected. If you didn't hear back by then....you were out (auf weidersehen!). I didn't hear back. Oh well, I tried....would've been fun....maybe next time.

It was a very busy week at work this week. We have a big meeting twice a year for all of our business units and lots of folks that you don't see on a daily basis were in the office. Lots of meetings, lots of lunches, lots of happy hours and dinners. I ended up getting home on Thursday evening quite late. I had an early Friday but I realized I hadn't checked my msn account all day....it'll only take a couple of minutes. I open my email account and "Voila!," an email from the address "Funplex." I could hardly contain my excitement. Are they just acknowledging that I didn't make the cut? NO!! I've been invited to be an extra in the video! Details, details, I need details....dress code, check....directions, check....time, uh....time, er....time, AAAARGH! They wanted us there at 10am....Friday morning! NOOOOOOOOO!! There was no way I could do it. I had a meeting early Friday morning, a candidate interview at 10am, oh and I work 40 miles from LA.

Was this my big break??! I hope not. Such disappointment, but after hearing snippets of the entire album, I'm guessing there might be another opportunity.

No comments: